Lasers have a biochemical and photo-chemical effect on living cells. These photons stimulate each individual cell to revitalize and reactivate its own healing processes through a biochemical cascade of events. Laser therapy is not painful and requires no anesthetic. Your pet will feel a warm sensation that they may even find relaxing. Response time varies but most owners see a difference after only a few treatments. Therapy sessions can last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour depending on the area(s) being treated. These sessions are performed in a quiet and comfortable “laser” room.
Beneficial effects of laser therapy include:
- Reduced Pain
- Reduced Inflammation
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth.
- Improved Circulation
- Increased Cellular Metabolic Activity
- Decreased Fibrous Tissue Formation
- Improved Nerve Function
- Accelerated Wound Healing
- Stimulates Acupuncture Points and Trigger Points
- Pain relief makes for a happier pet and improves quality of life.
Conditions that best respond to laser therapy treatments include:
- Anal Gland Inflammation
- Dental Disease (Gingivitis/Stomatitis)
- Ear Infections, Hematomas and Hot Spots
- Intervertebral Disc Disease
- Post-surgical Pain
- Skin Disorders
- Wound Healing